Thursday 9 May 2013

OPU done !!!


Good morning friends. As you guys know I was not at my ultimate feeling on the last post. I had my Ovidrel 250 mg on Monday (6/5/2013) 8.30pm.  I woke up Tuesday with a new feeling and new hope. I really hope I do get 6 follicles during my procedure. If not, I should take it in a positive way. I got my battery charged and I was getting excited for my procedure. Oh I must say I had around 5 to 6 pimples on my face all of a sudden and very hot flushes. Maybe it was the reaction to all the medications. My husband and I decided we should put up in a hotel a day earlier just to avoid any traffic jam on Wednesday. Dr did advise me to eat well the night before transfer since I had to fast from food and drink from midnight. She asked me to drink a lot of water since I had a small body so that I will not have any complication after the procedure. So, we decided to go for Johnny's. We had the steamboat with chicken soup and NOT the tom yam. First time trying the chicken soup and it was good also. I had to avoid spicy food. I drank a lot of soup and had a lot of water. Patients were not allowed to use any makeup, fragrance, contact lens, nail polish and jewellery during the procedure. I took out all my accessories the night before.

I woke up fresh as ever and excited for the procedure. We left earlier. Luckily we did, as we got stuck in the jam a while. We reached the hospital at 7.15am. I had to be there by 7.30am and my procedure was at 8.30am. We went to Level 2 and handed over the admission form. I had my height and weight taken. I do not know how I grew 2 cm though...hehe....We were brought in to a super cool room. It was so huge and first class. It had a huge washroom. I guess that's were some of our 15K or 17K was going. The nurse asked me to change into my operation gown (not allowed to wear inner garments). Nurse came and checked my pressure. She asked me if I was nervous. I told her I was not. She told me that my pressure was high. I was shocked since I felt fine. A while later, anesthesiologist came in. She was friendly as well. She asked if I went through any operation. I told her I had 1 D & C and also 1 laparoscopy for ovarian cyst removal. She told me ok u had 2 general anesthesias and this time will be a mild one. I might wake up in the middle and it is normal and to worry. She put a needle on my left hand for later use. She also asked me to urine whatever left in my stomach just before the procedure. A while later, I was visited by Dr Helena. She was as cheerful as always. She was really concern on how I was feeling. I told her I was fine. As we were talking, Dr Prashant came in as well. I greeted him. He told me that he was happy to see me smiling (our previous meeting, I was not smiling definitely). I told him, 'It is a new day and new hope'. He said, ‘YES, new day'. He left and Dr Helena was talking to us a while more and wished us good luck and left. As I was not aware what time I will be going in, I was visiting the washroom 5 minutes apart. Hehe...I was surprised that I could urine that many times without drinking. Nurses were constantly checking my pressure and I was fine after a while. I was asked to order some food to be taken after the procedure. Nurse told me to have something light to prevent from vomiting. I ordered a toast with butter and jam and a cup of hot Milo.

Finally 8.25am, a boy dressed in his operation attire came to check if I needed to go to the toilet and they wheeled my bed to the operation room. I was given operation cap to cover my hair. Dr Prashant saw me. He told me, 'Let's go'. He was energetic. I walked to the operation theater. It was not as scary as the D&C and laparoscopy. Hehe. I got on the operating bed. Dr Helena and the anesthesiologist were joking where I want to go in my dreams. As I was about to think and tell, the anesthesiologist was like, ‘Raub have a lot of beautiful waterfall right?’ She told me she went to one but can't remember what was the name. I told her that I myself had not have been to one. She told me, 'Never mind, next time bring your baby and go'. Hehe ...I hope so. She told, 'Now u start to dream of the waterfall' while she put an oxygen mask for me. Tap Tup Top....I did not know what happen after that. I vaguely remember Dr Helena was telling me we got 6 eggs taken. I was asking her if it was real. She assures the number. I vaguely remember the anesthesiologist asking me which waterfall I went. I woke up when they wheeled me to the recovery room. I was thinking whether I really had this conversation or I was dreaming. I asked one of the nurses if she knew how many eggs were collected and she was not sure. I was just thinking was it my dream or that conversation really happens because I don't remember opening my eyes while talking to Dr Helena. My husband came and joined me a while later. He had produced his sperms after I was brought in into the theather and went for breakfast. I felt really fine after the procedure. Few nurses were asking me if I really went through procedure as I was energetic as ever. She said usually patient was not like this. My husband also commented that I should behave like a patient. Hehe. As we were talking, a patient who went through OPU was wheeled to the bed next to me. Oh....I could see why the nurse told me that. The patient looks so sickly. I was a rare type I guess. Dr Helena came in again and told me again that I had 6 eggs. Pheww.... I was relived. She was proud that her estimation was correct. She then left. I got my breakfast a while later. I just had 2 slices of bread and Milo. Nurse said after breakfast I could change and I must try to urine then I can go to see Dr. I changed in the toilet and tried to urine after a while I managed to release it. Then only I realized that I was bleeding. I had 3 liners on since I did not bring my pad. Never thought that I would bleed.

I asked the nurse if it was normal. She told me shouldn't bleed very heavy as it might be internal bleeding. As I was not bleeding that heavy, I told her I want to go up. She called the nurse in Level 6 to check if I can go and see the Dr. The nurse asked me to go up in 15 minutes. We were given 1 hour parking hour. We went to Level 6 and Nurse M asked my condition. I told her that I was bleeding. She told me it happens to some patients. It should be gone in 2 days. She also introduced Utrogestan tablets to be inserted into the vagina. I had to start the tablet that night itself. I had to take 2 tablets every morning, evening and night. She did mention if the tablet falls on the ground just throw it and take a new one. We do not want to be infected. She told me not to take spicy or sour food. It might upset the stomach. She advised me to take it easy for the next 2 days. My transfer was scheduled on Saturday 11.30 am. I have to be there at 11 am. I was required to drink 3 glasses of water 1 hour before the procedure. I was advised not to have any cosmetics, perfumes, deodorant, scented body lotion with strong smell on transfer day. She says that embryo doesn’t like strong smell...They like natural smell only. This scent affects the embryo quality. As for the husband, no after shave or deodorant. I should not be driving for the 2 days also. We were done and after a while Dr called us in. Dr said I responded much quicker than other patients. Hehe..I had my stomach scanned as we were travelling to Raub. My stomach was fine. Dr wished us luck and she hope that we have some embryos to be frozen. We left the clinic. We bought some pads as I was bleeding, went to the hotel, rested there for 2 hours and left to Raub. I felt the pain when I was walking. I could not laugh as my stomach hurts whenever I laughed. We had our lunch and reached home around 4pm. I could hardly walk straight. I had a bad lower abdominal pain. I just lied down. I inserted the Utrogestan tablet at night while I was lying down. I had a pillow just to elevate my back. I rested for 30 minutes. I had some white white particles whenever I went to the washroom. It is quite messy, so please wear ur liners or pad yaa. Below is how the tablets look like.




Today, I feel much better. I feel a very slight abdominal pain. I am thinking if I should be calling the clinic to get an update on my embryos. I am anxious and nervous at the same time to know the result. Hehe....Sorry for the long post. I just want to let u guys know so that you will know what to expect during the journey. Just for more information on IVF, please refer to the link below.

http://www.klfertility.com/fertility-treatment/ivf-in-vitro-fertilization/
http://www.klfertility.com/ivf-laboratory/

Dear embies,
I am waiting for u to bloom and grow as a healthy baby soon.


8 comments:

  1. OMG, I am so happy for you! Yes little embies, please bloom and grow into beautiful little babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear...I am nervous and excited for tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well...

      Delete
  2. Saya doakan semuanya berjalan dengan lancar..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Saya pun nak buat ivf dgn dr helena.. Hr awak buat ET masa hari sabtu tu pd sebelah pg nyer sy appoinment dgn dr..dan sy ada wish luck kat dr pg tu..sepatutnya sy buat ivf bulan ni.. Tapi dr takut sy ohss sbb sy ada pcos..takper lah dr tau apa yg terbaik..sy ikutkan aja..jadi mungkin sabtu ini sy akan buat opu jer pas tu freeze kan embryos tu..pastu mext cycle br ET..harap kita sama2 berjaya ye..

      Delete
    3. Hi...Banyak ke follicle yang dr jumpa hari tu? I pun pcos gak tapi follicle yg jumpa sikit je. Selamat berjaya...Kalau nak discuss dengan saya bolehlah email saya kat waitingforasunshine@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. This was a useful post and I think it's fairly easy to see in the other reviews, so this post is well written and useful. Keep up the good work.Progynova 2mg in USA, UK and Australia

    ReplyDelete