Sunday 12 May 2013

Embryo transfer done....


Happy mother's day to all the mothers and also all to the soon to be mothers as well. Hopefully our wish to become a mother will be fulfilled very soon. I had my transfer scheduled yesterday at 11.30 am and I was supposed to be in the clinic at 11 am. As usual, my husband and I were in the clinic much earlier. One of the nurses informed the embryologist that I was in already. I started drinking water bit by bit to ensure my bladder was full before the procedure. I would have drank probably a little more than 3 glasses of water. During my IUI procedure before, I had to drink much more to fill up my bladder. The embryologist came in for me around 11.20 am. The embryologist brought us to the lab on the same level. She brought us to the changing room. I had to change to an operation gown. This time no panties but bra is acceptable. I had to use the cap as well. My husband was also asked to use the operation attire(not gown ya....it was a pants and shirt). Husbands need not take off their clothes. They only need to put the operation attire on top of  their clothes. After changing we have to change to a given slippers. We were brought to the teather. I was asked to lie down to get my bladder scanned. The embryologist scanned my stomach. It was TOO FULL...The embryologist said it was too much and she fear that I might not be able to hold it till the procedure ends. She asked me to release a bit. She told me to count from 1 to 10 and stop. I told I will try and I managed to since my flow was slow that time. After that, she rescanned my stomach and I was OK. After a while Dr Helena came in. She told us that earlier we collected 6 eggs. From the 6 eggs, 5 got fertilized. She told me they were good quality but not to say text book perfect quality but it is OK quality. I started feeling a bit worried. All these words made me quite nervous. She then asked us how many embryos that we would opt to put in back. We chose to put in 2 embies. The rest we were going to freeze. After that, she mentioned that the 2 embies that we were going to put in was an OKOK quality but the 3 that we are going to freeze is the best quality. I was shocked. I was so confused why not they put in the best quality instead of the OKOK one. I think Dr would have read my mind as I was just staring at her. She said that the best quality embryos work best frozen. They are not sure why was that themselves. She explained that if I were to put in 2 embies, the chances of me getting pregnant was 60% and chances of having twins was 20 %. She asked if we were ready if there were twins. We were ready for them. We continued with the procedure. My legs were strapped in. Dr explained that the procedure was going to be just like a pap smear. She put a speculum in the vagina and it is cleaned. I could hardly feel anything. I remember my IUI was much more painful when the speculum was inserted. After cleaning, Dr told the embryologist that she was ready. Then the embryologist called out my name just to ensure that those were my embies. She handed the catheter to Dr. Dr then went in to find my uterus. She was checking it through my uterus ultrasound. When she found the perfect spot, my babies were let go near my uterus. I hope my babies get implanted and grow to be a healthy baby soon. She then took the speculum out. She advised me to take it easy for the next 2 days. No spicy and sour food, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables not to lift up heavy things. Besides that, watch the funniest movies since when you are happy, there is a hormone released which helps implantation. Dr wished us good luck and left. 

We stayed in that room for 15 minutes. While waiting, the embryologist explained the charges for embryo freezing. 1 to 4 embryos were charged RM 1500. I am sorry I could not remember the cost of the other groups. There were 2 extra groups. This payment must be done on that day itself before leaving the clinic.  I was allowed to urine after 15 minutes. I was brought to a recovery room to rest for 45 minutes. After that, I went to the clinic. Nurse S gave me Progynova 2mg tablets to be taken on 16/5/13 onwards. She said that it was to prevent bleeding. We then paid for the embryo freezing. All the nurses wished us luck and we left the clinic. My next appoitment would be on 23/5/2013 to get my blood work done to check if I am pregnant or not. It's going to be a long wait. Hopefully my babies get implanted, grow and be a healthy baby soon.


Embryo Freezing (1-4 embryos) - RM 1500

No comments:

Post a Comment