Thursday 2 May 2013

Day 7 appointment


Good evening friends. I went in for my Day 7 appointment today. I went with my husband....hehe...Previously I was supposed to drive alone but my husband's meeting was cancelled. He insisted he would follow. We reached the clinic at 9.15 am. My appointment was at 9.45 am. We waited and waited but both the doctor's were not in yet. Both of them had procedures in the morning. Should be egg collection I guess. They came in at 10.15 am. By the time, there were so many patients already. My name was called in first. We went in and Dr Helena apologized for the waiting. Dr said I looked tired. Maybe because of the injections. But I actually felt fine. I was very tired yesterday only. We straight went for the scanning. She checked on the follicles size...It was averaged from 8mm to 12mm. I am not so sure how many were there exactly. I think I will not know for sure till the egg collection day because the small ones are growing. Dr hopes that my smaller follicles will catch up. They look on the smaller side. I think I have around 8 bigger ones only so far. Dr had a hard time on the left ovary. I forgot to mention that I have retroverted uterus. Usually Dr would have problem reading my left ovary. I had my cyst removed on the left last year. This explains the smaller number of follicles produced on the left ovary. She read I had only 3 today. Two days ago she read I had 4. Dr asked me to continue Puregon 200 IU today and tomorrow. I will start my Orgalutran injection 0.25mg from today till Saturday. Dr mentioned the Orgalutran injection as a yucky one. She explained the reason why she said that is because that injection is painful. Orgalutran is to prevent me from ovulating. Dr asked us to come in again on Saturday. She thinks I may be ready for egg collection on Tuesday or Wednesday. She just booked a slot for me on Tuesday just to be on the safe side. 

Nurse B explained how to use the injections. Nurse B had the 2 injections done for me. Puregon was fine, then she continued with Orgalutran. She pinched my stomach, counted till 3 and got the injection in looked at me. I was confused. After she injected she asked me, "No pain ah?" I was like "No. I did not feel it at all". She was amazed. I just felt a slight ant bite pain only. Maybe my pain tolerance was higher than normal. I will tell you guys how I felt after I finished the other rounds of injections. The Orgalutran injection must be done before 24 hours daily.



We did not pay today. The last payment will be made on Saturday. I just had my free 1 hour parking ticket and left the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment