Wednesday 3 April 2013

Acupuncture session 2 completed

Good morning my dear friends. How did I feel after acupuncture session 1? I was feeling quite normal the whole day. I had the second session yesterday at 12pm. I just had to wait 15 minutes this time. I went in and the Dr greeted me. She asked how I felt yesterday, if I was tired. I said I was OK, quite normal. She asked me to lie down. She asked me how my cycles were every month. I told her I have slight delay and recently somewhere below 35 days and earlier was below 40 days. She said, 'Next month your period should be OK already'. I immediately answered her, 'I hope I do not get my period next month, Dr!'. Dr laughed and she hoped the same too. She started the procedure. I asked her what she used before she poked me. I was right. It was alcohol swab and it is used to clean the area. She did the same procedure like the day before. 4 needles on the tummy, 2 on my hand, 4 on my thigh. But she said she will add 2 more. The needles count will increase by each session. I had the extra 2 needle below the thigh and probably 2 inches above my ankle. She then had the light on as usual. I had a 20 minutes timer. I felt more relaxed this time. Just a bit pain on the side where the new needle was. After the 20 minutes, the assistant took off the needles. I did not feel any pain. When she took out the needle below my thigh, there was blood. She was wiping few times. She showed me a bit of blood. I checked the spot again there was no bleeding. I then paid and left. The blood was totally disturbing me. As soon as I reach home, grabbed my laptop and checked if it was normal there was blood when the needle was withdrawn. And YES it was. Pheww what a relieve. My next appointment was Friday 10.30am. The clinic is closed on Wednesday and Thursday. 

Total cost:-

Acupuncture - RM 25

1 comment:

  1. I started acupuncture last year and was doing regular sessions until my acupuncturist went on maternity leave. She told me i wouldnt feel any different at the start however gradually it will help with my body preparing for IVF.
    I did half hour sessions (only had 3) however a million things were running through my head while i was laying there (things i needed to do, shopping lists etc) she said i would gradually learn to relax which is what our bodies need.
    I will definitely start again with another clinic though

    ReplyDelete