Friday 15 February 2013

Decision Made....


I had a very light spotting on 8/2/2013. I knew my period was coming soon. So I e-mailed Dr Helena that I did my pregnancy test and it was negative. I asked her what I should do if I got my period on the holidays. After some time, she gave me a ring. She advised me to get Yasmin pills and take it from the day I get my period till 15/2/2013 and to see her on 18/2/2013. What the pills does is that it hibernates my eggs and it stops me from ovulating earlier. 

After that call, I was thinking a lot. I was not really ready for IVF since my sister is getting married next month. I want to be part of her wedding and I do not want to miss anything let it be the preparation or the function itself. During her engagement earlier, I was feeling very guilty as I was on my 2ww after IUI. My mother did not allow me to do anything that time. I do not want to feel the same during her wedding. On the other hand, my husband had his mind set up for IVF. I did not want to disappoint him as well. I asked him to get the pills first at the pharmacy. 

I had too much of thinking. Then I decided to discuss with my husband again. I told him that I don't think I will be having a stress free bed rest since the wedding is coming. I do not want the IVF to fail because I am stressed and sad. IVF is not cheap. My husband understood and decision made.

IVF Wait........
Sister's Wedding, Enjoy It......

I emailed Dr. Helena about our decision. She was OK with it. I am happy about the decision. I will have to skip 2 cycles but I am OK with it. Since April cycle will be a stress free cycle and my body and brain is clear on my aim, I am willing to skip 2 cycles. So these 2 months try naturally, who knows if we are lucky. If not IVF on April.

The below is the Yasmin pills that we got from a nearby pharmacy. It was priced at RM 66.50 but my husband got it for RM 40. I was shocked when I first saw the price on the box. Quite expensive. I will not be using these pills now. I will just keep it for now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment