Tuesday 15 January 2013

Gonal-f Injection

I have successfully completed my Day 2 - Day 6 Nolvadex-D tablets yesterday. Yesterday was my first Gonal-f injection. My Dr for my Gonal-f was of course my very very excited husband. He just couldn't wait for the time to come. I have set an alarm at 9pm for the 14th, 16th and 18th. I gave him a glimpse of how it was done on some of the youtube videos at around 8.30pm. So my Dr was ready for the procedure mentally and physically. A video I found useful was  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CRw3vf1oz4
I uploaded this video for those who need some guidance. Our nurse had thought us last week. Just to confirm, we refreshed our mind with the tutorial below.


The step that we followed from this video and was not mentioned by our nurse was step 3. We did not do step 15 since we do not have that equipment. Our nurse's instruction was, close the pen with the outer needle cap (the one in step 11) counter close wise till the needle is out. Then we can recap the pen (step 16). That's it.

The cute thing yesterday happened during my husband pinching the fat on my belly (step 11). He did that step very very well. What happen was after he pinched my stomach, he injected me and as he was pressing the injection button, he continued to pinch my stomach as well. The more harder he pressed the button, the harder he was pinching my stomach. At first I was just laughing till I could not bear the pain any longer. I then ask him the take out the pinching hand. I was laughing and laughing. After he removed the injection, I told him that he was simultaneously pressing the button and my belly at the same time. He was suppose to remove the pinching hand after the needle has gone in. He then realized why I was laughing and we both had a great laugh after the procedure. Fun moment though. He told me first time what ...next time will be better. My Jr. Dr still have 2 more injections to be performed. Can't wait for it to finish and I am waiting to find out the effect of this new medications on my follicles. I hope I have some good size follicles on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment