Thursday 10 January 2013

1st IUI appointment - Day 2

I had my period yesterday. Sorry, I was just not feeling very well yesterday. Could not blog. Had my cramps, my headache and I just wanted to take rest. I got my period around 11am yesterday. I immediately called my nurse to make my appointment for day 2. She gave me appointment on 10/1/2013 (which is today) at 11.30 am.

I was excited when I woke up in the morning to start my 1st IUI treatment at KL Fertility. I think I was thinking too much about baby that I dream I had a baby. But the thing was he could stand on his own at 2 months. I don't know. It was a weird and funny dream but it kind of made my day. I hope it was a positive sign though.

My husband and I left our house at 8 am although our appointment was only at 11.30am. On the way, we had our breakfast and we washed our car at an automatic car wash. We reached the clinic at 10.30am. We had a hard time finding a parking today. That was weird. Limited parking space I guess.

We decided to just go in the clinic and wait. There were many couples today waiting for the doctor. We were called in before our time, maybe around 10.55am. Yay, we could go back early. Dr. Helena was ready for us. She informed us again that my Vitamin D level was low. I nodded. Dr asked me to retest my levels again as I was already more than 2 weeks of Vitamin D intake and she wants to check if there is any progression else she will need to increase my dose. I just hope not. She also informed that Vitamin D intake is a good to be taken until the end of first trimester. Hmmm.....that was a new information for me. Anyway, my miscarriage test result was good. That was really a good news. I was so worried something was wrong with me medically since I had 2 miscarriages till date.

Dr. Helena acknowledged that we were suppose to start an IUI cycle. She then scanned my ovaries. One ovary had 22 eggs. OH MY.....I did not expect that many at all. The other side had only 5. Since I am a PCOS patient Dr. was not that surprised. She said with medicines my problem can be solved. If this cycle does not work, then we go for IVF. As we were nodding, suddenly Dr. asked us if we wanted to go for IUI or IVF straight. We were so shocked to hear IVF all of sudden since we were mentally prepared for IUI this cycle. My husband asked Dr. Helena which is her suggestion. She just said it was up to us. Then after some time she said we go for IUI this month and if it does not work, we shall go for IVF. Pheww....that was a relief.

She asked to me start Nolvadex-D 20mg from today till next Monday (2 tablets for 5days). She asked if I could come in Monday for injection. I asked her if we could do it ourselves at home. She said can. I was happy as we do not have to travel all the way again. So, now my husband will be my Dr for the coming week. I was supposed to get an injection of Gonal-F 450IU/.75ml (150IU on the 14th, 16th and 18th). My next appointment will be on 21/01/13 which will be my Day 13. By right, suppose to be on Day 12 but since it was a Sunday, I was asked to come in the next day.

We then came out from the Dr's office. Our nurse then took my blood again for my Vitamin D test. She then explained clearly how to do the injections. We then got an appointment for 21/01/13 at 9.45am. After that we paid and left.

Total expenses today :- RM 1460

p/s - I just realized the receipt do not have the breakdown of the costing. The clinic seriously need to change the format of the receipt I guess. My assumption is the cost should be for my Vitamin D retest, Nolvadex-D 20mg (10tablet) , Gonal F 450IU/.75ml and also consultation and ultrasound/scan.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete