Tuesday 22 January 2013

Day 13 appointment

My appointment for day 13 was yesterday at 9.45 am. We reached there around 9.35 am. We returned our ice box with injection to nurse M (we had 2 extra injection in case anything goes wrong). We went in for the checkup around 9.55 am. Dr. Helena did a trans vaginal scan. My lining was good. It was 8.9mm. Dr said anything above 6mm is good. I had a few follicles on my right side ovary. One significant bigger one which will be the heroin for this cycle was sized 16.4 mm. On my left ovary I only had 2 small follicles. Dr said that it was because I had my cyst removed on my left ovary. At times when surgery is done, it will affect the egg production. But she said she is not worried with me since my right ovary is doing a good job.

I was not aware of the cyst removal affect till yesterday. But for me my period cramping is much much much better with the cyst gone. I used to have a massive pain 1 week before period and during period before. But after the surgery, the one week before pain is gone and I have a mild acceptable cramping during period. Anyway back to the clinic. Dr said I will have to do a urine test and if it is a positive, my IUI is the next day else IUI will be Wednesday.

I went to the washroom and got my urine sample. Nurse M did a ovulation test and it came out negative. I expected it. So Nurse M gave us Ovidrel shot to take home. She told us to do the injection anytime from 9pm - 10pm. She gave us the ice box again as this injection need to be refrigerated. Then suddenly I remembered I havent get my Vitamin D retest result. She then checked with Dr. and she came back. Looks like my Vitamin D level is back to normal but I still have to continue the same dose. Dr says that the pills should be taken till the first trimester. So Vitamin D will be my friend for some time now. 

Total expenses :- RM 330

Clearblue Ovulation Test - Strip        - RM  20
Consultation                                   - RM   80
Scanning/Ultrasound                        - RM   80
Ovidrel 250 mcg - Box                     - RM 150


We were given Ovidrel as the above photo. This shot will ensure that the egg will be released after 36 hours. My husband was required to come in just before 9am tomorrow for the sperm supply and my IUI will be at 11 am tomorrow as they need 2 hours to wash the sperm.

My Jr Dr. did the Ovidrel injection yesterday night at 9.15pm. Now we are just waiting for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment