Tuesday 28 January 2014

My sunshine is here.......

Hi friends, 

As the title, YES....my beautiful sunshine has made it safely into my world on 27 Dec 2013 which was 1 month earlier than the expected due date. I'm so sorry that I did not update my blog for so long. It was due to all the vomiting and all the hurdles I went through during my pregnancy. Many friends here have e-mailed me regarding how I was doing. I am so happy that I am supported by those who don't even know me personally. I will let you guys know in short what I went through throughout my silence. 

After 18 June 2013 - I had few appointments with Dr Helena before she referred me to Dr Raman from FMGC to get tested for Down syndrome for the baby.

Week 12 - Tested for Down syndrome Test with Dr Raman. He was a friendly Dr with all the positive vibes you will need. I received the results after few days. All were good except I was a bit low on the hemoglobin level. 

Week 13 - We had a test result review with Dr Helena. It was our last appointment in KL Fertility before we see a Gymea of our choice since KL Fertility only concentrates getting the patients through the most crucial time of pregnancy which is the first trimester. Since it was the last appointment, she gave a referral letter to Dr Subra from KPJ Seremban which was our Dr of choice and coincidentally he was a friend of Dr Helena. That made it much easier. It was a bit sad to leave the hospital but we knew we will be back here when the baby arrives. 

Week 13 - I decided to get registered for the pink book from the government clinic. Based on all their tests, I have low HB as I knew earlier. They prescribed me with the medicine to help my HB. I went for all their appointments and towards the end Dr said I might need to be admitted to the hosp to take care of my HB. Luckily my baby arrived before the appt. I do not want to go in detail with the government appointments. 

Week 14 - We met Dr Subra in KPJ Seremban. The Dr was friendly and warm towards us. We had a connection going on even the first appointment. We gave the referral letter from Dr Helena. He was happy to hear Dr Helena's name. We discussed my health condition with Dr. He was not really concerned with the infection as it was quite normal during pregnancy and he will give me antibiotics 2 weeks before delivery. For the HB, he said just to continue the medication given by Dr Helena. We had a scan and baby was doing fine

Week 16, 18, 20 - Scans were done. Baby was in great shape and was growing at a normal phase.

Week 22 - We had a detailed scan with Dr Subra. All the required criteria were good. The baby was a girl as per the scan. I was happy, even though gender did not matter at all for a couple who was trying so hard to get a baby. Dr did not allow me to go back to Raub as my placenta was on the low side and there are chances to miscarry my baby as I have 2 miscarriages before this. I was imagining myself going back to Raub with my husband and can play with my puppy earlier as I wanted to go back after the detailed scan. But my imagination was cut short. It was OK as long my baby was in good health. I wouldn’t do anything that might hurt my baby. I was given an appointment after 1 month.

Week 25- My vomiting stopped. I had it only once in a while.

Week 26 - We had an appointment with Dr Subra. I was shocked to hear that my baby was underweight and was categorized as an Intrauterine Growth Restriction (IUGR) baby. Dr mentioned that if the baby's weight was less than 1.8 kg during delivery, she might have complication after birth. She might need to be in NICU which will be very heavy on the cost if it was in KPJ. I might need to consider government hospital for accommodating my baby. I held it together in the Dr's office. But when I came out from the clinic tears started to peak and drop on my cheeks. Dr asked me to get Im Dexa 12mg shot to help baby's lung to mature. My baby's condition really worried me. I had many sleepless nights thinking of it. I updated Dr Helena on my situation. She called me once she read my email. She advised me to drop by at Dr Raman's (FMGC) clinic to get his opinion as well.

Week 26 - We dropped by Dr Raman's clinic. He confirmed baby was on the borderline IUGR and my water level was less. My heart shattered. I then started to read a lot on IUGR babies.

Week 27 - According to Dr Subra's scan, baby was still underweight and my water level was low. He also stressed that my placenta was on the low side. He expected an early delivery. He said he will be happy if I can hold my baby till week 34.

Week 28 - Baby's weight increased but still underweight range. Appointment was every 5 days.

Week 32 - Baby was still underweight and my water level was 8 cm. Dr mentioned that if my water level gets lesser than 6 cm, I will go into an early delivery.

Week 33 - Baby did not gain any weight which definitely had my heart shattered. My water level remained at 8cm. Dr asked me to come in every 3 days. There were many travelling for me and my baby.

Week 34, 3 days (Mon) - Baby's weight was 1.9 kg. My water level was 8 cm.

Week 34 (Mon - Thurs) - Had a lot of pain in my tummy. I was so uncomfortable throughout the week. I had already gained 13 kg so far. Thus, I blamed on the weight for my uncomfortable situation. I did not go to hospital to get checked as I will be going in for my regular checkup on Fri, which will be the starting of my week 35.

Week 35 (Fri) - Baby's weight was 1.9 kg but my water level was only 2cm. I was shocked. Dr scheduled for an emergency Caesar. My sunshine came to my beautiful world at 4.18pm. There were no words that can describe how I felt when I heard her first cry when she was pulled out from my stomach.

The above was a summary what I went through during my pregnancy. I will explain in detail what happened that Friday, 27 Dec 2013 in my next blog entry.


4 comments: